Homes for Sale in Mooresville, IN
Have more questions about Mooresville Indiana single family homes for sale or real estate or Carpenter Realtors after reviewing this? Ask us!
Click here to find homes for sale in Mooresville, IN
Carpenter Realtors is always available for your search for homes for sale in Mooresville, Indiana. For those of you ready to buy a home for sale in Mooresville, Indiana, Carpenter Realtors will handle everything from setting up an appointment to view a home in Mooresville, Indiana to the closing table. Search for houses for sale in Mooresville, IN below or click the Carpenter logo above to search by MLS listings or our easy-to-use map.
Why Should You Look at Homes for Sale in Mooresville, IN
Founded in 1824, Mooresville is named for its founder, Samuel Moore, a Quaker from North Carolina. Contrary to popular belief, Mooresville is definitely part of the 21st century, offering a beautiful Midwestern setting, an extremely nice quality of life for a family. But it's close enough to the big city amenities of Indianapolis that it counts as a suburb.
This place is very typical "heartland," as it takes its small town atmosphere to heart. But with the benefits of a nearby big city, just ten miles southwest of Indianapolis, its residents get the best of both. Mooresville is located next to a major distribution center and within a short drive of Indianapolis International Airport.
Because of all it has to offer, Mooresville calls itself the "Crossroads of Progress" and is becoming the new home of many businesses and families.
Mooresville has a number of claims to fame:
- Paul Hadley, designer of the Indiana State Flag, was born in Mooresville. Yeah - there is an Indiana state flag - a tree and some guy chopping wood.
- Gravity Hill, among dozens of gravity hills in the nation, this is the only one in Mooresville Indiana and is a locally famous landmark. Due to an optical illusion, cars parked at the bottom of the road appear (convincingly) to roll uphill. Contrary to what you may be thinking, most of the people seeing this are sober.
- John Dillinger spent much of his childhood in Mooresville (moving there when his father feared the lad was going astray) and sometimes hid there while hiding from authorities ("the coppers"). Those same coppers, the FBI, called him a "lurid desperado."
- Mooresville was the background for a video short, "Big Dancing, Small Town," produced by two Mooresville High School seniors. Its popularity on YouTube culminated in its presentation as a feature video on the ABC's Good Morning America, on January 24, 2007.
- Arnold Zifel (Ziffel?), the pig from Green Acres was from a farm in Mooresville. The pig was a pedigree Chester White, trained by Frank Inn. Wait - he wasn't a pig, he was a thespian, paving the way for other pig actors like Babe and the one from Charlotte's Web.
|MOORESVILLE HOME VALUES||City||U.S.|
|Median home value||$139,900||$217,200|
Search Mooresville Homes for Sale
Carpenter Realtors assists home buyers and sellers throughout central and southern Indiana.
With more than 20,000 Indiana homes for sale, callcarpenter.com is your best choice for new Mooresville, Indiana homes for sale, real estate listings, virtual tours and open houses in Mooresville, Indiana. Carpenter Realtors(r) is Indiana's leader in real estate and home ownership services, especially for Mooresville, Indiana real estate for sale and homes for sale. Call Carpenter to sell real estate or buy real estate in Mooresville, Indiana. Our real estate agents, all licensed REALTORS, specialize in Mooresville, Indiana real estate. Whether you are buying or selling a new home, town house, condominium or apartment, choose a Carpenter Realtors agent or callcarpenter.com to find a property by map, MLS or BLC listing number or price.
Indianapolis north, northside, Indianapolis northeast, Indianapolis northwest, Indianapolis downtown, Indianapolis east, eastside, Indianapolis west, westside, Indianapolis south, southside, Indianapolis southeast, Indianapolis southwest, Marion County
Indianapolis north, northside, Indianapolis northeast, Indianapolis northwest, Anderson, Carmel, Castleton, Cicero, Fishers, Geist, Indianapolis, Lawrence, Lebanon, Noblesville, Pendleton, Sheridan, Westfield, Zionsville, Boone County, Hamilton County, Madison County
Indianapolis south, southside, Indianapolis southeast, Indianapolis southwest, Bedford, Beech Grove, Bloomington, Center Grove, Franklin, Greenwood, Martinsville, Mooresville, Southport, Brown County, Johnson County, Morgan County, Monroe County, Lawrence County
Indianapolis east, eastside, Greenfield, Fortville, Lawrence, New Palestine, Shelbyville, Wanamaker, Hancock County, Shelby County
Indianapolis west, westside, Avon East, Avon West, Brownsburg, Crawfordsville, Danville, Greencastle, Monrovia, Plainfield, Hendricks County, Montgomery County, Putnam County
For national relocation to or from Indiana, call 800-630-1727.
Central Indiana Cities & Towns, Indianapolis Real Estate and Homes For Sale
TAGS: Mooresville Indiana | Single Family Homes for Sale | Real Estate | Carpenter Realtors