About Eagle Creek Park and Reservoir
Have more questions about Eagle Creek Indiana Reservoir single family homes for sale and real estate or Carpenter Realtors after reviewing this? Ask us!
Click here to find your new Eagle Creek home
Hey you! Yeah, you! Why don't you take a day and enjoy one of America’s largest urban parks, Eagle Creek Park, in northwestern Marion County. You can literally get lost, with more than 3,900 acres of woodland terrain and meadowlands. Put some walking shoes on and hike the park's many trails, a welcome respite for hikers, birders and bikers. Plus, the 1,400-acre lake welcomes fishermen and sailors.
Not enough for you? Need more reasons? Add this to your ro-do list. There are numerous picnic areas, a swimming beach and miles of scenic bike riding opportunities throughout its lovely expanse. Got water on the brain? Rent a canoes, kayak, sail and pontoon boat or pedal boat.
This is your chance to be one of the more than half-million visitors to Eagle Creek Park each year and is the largest of Indianapolis’ city parks. What can you do at Eagle Creek? What can’t you do?
- Amphitheater – year-round shows and special events
- Bait Shop ("You got fins to the left, fins to the right...")
- Bark Park – take your pup for exercise and friendship (or just to have him poop somewhere other than in your yard)
- Boat ramp and slips ("slip:" a place to launch a boat)
- Cross-Country Skiing Paths (when it snows, of course)
- Discovery Center– nature classes and special offerings, including summer and holiday day camps. Open Mon. through Sat., 9-5 and Sun. 1-5.
- Earth Music Center – for concerts and shows
- Ten-mile Fitness Course (some of us may have to do this a few times)
- 36-hole Eagle Creek Golf Club
- Indianapolis Rowing Center
- Lilly Lake, featuring pedal boats and picnicking
- Marina Music Stage – seasonal activities and events
- Marsh & Bird Sanctuary
- Ornithology Center, to study birds (bird school? no)
- Peace Learning Center
- Picnic areas and shelters
- Pistol and Archery Range
- Pontoon and Sunset Canoe Trips
- Retreat Centers
- Sailboat marina and rentals
- Sailing Day Camp (open most days, not just on "Sailing Day")
- State Nature Preserves
- Swim Beach
- Woodland Wildlife Preserve (bears, tigers, anacondas and scorpions abound! Just kidding - no scorpions)
J.K. Lilly, of the Eli Lilly & Company family, donated the current Eagle Creek Park to Purdue University in the late 1950s. Later, it was sold to the city of Indianapolis. In 1967, to help control flooding, they built the earthen dam and creates the 1,400-acre Eagle Creek Reservoir where you can sail and windsurf. Inside the park, we dare you not to want to hike, bike, bird watch or bump into a deer or two. At Eagle Creek Park, you’re only minutes from downtown of the twelfth largest city in America, but gosh, you're miles away from everything.
Thinking of buying a home near Eagle Creek? While it’s technically not an official designation, “Eagle Creek” is a popular place for many Indianapolis home buyers. From wonderful lakefront homes to family-oriented condo communities to single-family homes on large lost in quiet neighborhoods, there’s something for everyone and every budget. And you’re never more than a few minutes from shopping, entertainment and restaurants.
Search Eagle Creek homes for sale and real estate
Click here to start your search here for Eagle Creek real estate and homes for sale.
With more than 20,000 Indiana homes for sale, callcarpenter.com is your best choice for new Eagle Creek, Indiana homes for sale, real estate listings, virtual tours and open houses in Eagle Creek, Indiana. Carpenter Realtors(r) is Indiana's leader in real estate and home ownership services, especially for Eagle Creek, Indiana real estate for sale and homes for sale. Call Carpenter to sell real estate or buy real estate in Eagle Creek, Indiana. Our real estate agents, all licensed REALTORS, specialize in Eagle Creek, Indiana real estate. Whether you are buying or selling a new home, town house, condominium or apartment, choose a Carpenter Realtors agent or callcarpenter.com to find a property by map, MLS or BLC listing number or price.
Carpenter Realtors® is always available for your search for Eagle Creek, Indiana reservoir real estate. For those of you ready to buy an Eagle Creek, Indiana reservoir home for sale, Carpenter Realtors® will handle everything from setting up an appointment to view a home in Eagle Creek, Indiana reservoir to the closing table. Search for houses for sale above, or click the Carpenter logo above to search by MLS listings or our easy-to use map.
Carpenter Realtors assists home buyers and sellers throughout central and southern Indiana.
For national relocation to or from Indiana, call 800-630-1727.
Central Indiana Cities & Towns, Indianapolis Real Estate and Homes For Sale
TAGS: Eagle Creek Indiana | Single Family Homes for Sale | Real Estate | Carpenter Realtors